Saturday, January 25, 2014

Love Rock

A snippet from an interview by Shawn Smith of Brad about Andy Wood.


Shawn of Brad: So "Gentle Groove," I had a 4-track and a little reverb unit. Andy lived across the street from me, and sometimes he would call me over to bring over my 4-track, because he had a song or something. So I recorded him doing the first version of "Gentle Groove." That was cool. And then I got to see a soundcheck a little while later, the full version with the band, with Love Bone. And it was just mind blowing. To see something go from a little acoustic song on my 4-track and then transferred into a band with two Marshall stacks, it was just a huge songwriting moment, where it's like, "Oh, that's what happens." You can have the little, teeny thing, and then you can put it in a band and make magic just explode.

I didn't go to college, but I have these master teachings that I witnessed, and that's one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment